{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Friday, December 11, 2015

"These Were Days Never to be Forgotten"

I know I've said this a million and two times, but I cannot and refuse to believe that this time is here! All week I've been bi-polar with feeling like this isn't even a real thing or freaking out because I don't know what I'm doing. It's definitely been quite the roller coaster!
These last 18 months have changed my life forever and I'm so grateful for the love and support that you've all given to me!
This last week was such a treat. We had a mission tour with Elder Schwitzer of the Seventy and his wife. We had an MLC with them and it was so wonderful to see this man, called of God talk about the work of Salvation. We are all part of the greatest work on earth. It was so wonderful getting to be with he and his wife in MLC and also for Zone Conference. Before Zone conference started, we had a "sisters meeting" with Sister Schwitzer and Sister Francis. Sister Schwitzer was talking about spiritual gifts. She was asking what spiritual gifts we have and which ones we'd like to work on and a sister from my group mentioned that she wants to work on trusting the Lord's plan with change. In response to that, Sister Schwitzer said something that I've thought about constantly for the last few days. "You shouldn't be sad about this season is ending. Look how great this one will be." It reminded me of a verse in Alma that I'd read a few weeks ago. Ammon, who is one of my great missionary idols, said "... for could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?" (Alma 26:1) The sons of Mosiah went to preach to the Lamanites who were titled as helpless, hopeless, and bloodthirsty. They didn't know what to expect going into this new phase of their lives, but looking back they could see all the blessings that were given them from God for trusting in His perfect plan.
Over the last 18 months I've learned to rely on God in all things, which is going to change the way I do everything when the time comes for me to return! I've truly learned of the love that he has for each and everyone of His children. And I've learned that there is no better way to come to know Him and His Son, than to learn to feel of Their love for His children.
Now I can say, as did Ammon "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began." 
And I can say along with Oliver Cowdery "Where was room for doubt? Nowhere; uncertainty had fled, doubt had sunk no more to rise, while fiction and deception had fled forever.
I want to bear my witness that Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. I know His atonement is real and all encompassing. I know that because of the love that He and our Father have for us, they've again called a prophet to allow us to have the fullness of the Gospel. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I can say that with no doubt in my mind. As I've come to know Joseph better, I've come to know my Savior better! I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet and mouthpiece for God today. And I know that as we listen to his words and FOLLOW them, we will feel God's love in a much greater abundance in our lives! 
This Gospel is so good! Never take it for granted! 
I love you all and I'm so grateful for the blessing that it's been to have your love, support and prayers over the last 18 months!
I'll see you all soon!
Love,
SISTER NIELD








 

No comments:

Post a Comment