{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

General Authorities Galore

Um.... it is NOT already half way through October.... That's impossible! And fall has pretty much fallen... Everything is starting to look dead! haha But I still Love New York!
This last week was a pretty successful week!:) We got to see a lot of wonderful people! We met a wonderful couple! Their names are Clara and Therman!:) They are so cute! They went to the Gladys Knight Devotional and absolutely loved how spiritual it was and they took a lot from it!
Today we had to take our car into the shop, so we're going to be doing a lot of walking! BUT most of our success comes from walking! That's how we find most of our people which is great!
This last weekend was Stake Conference and boy was it good! We had Elder Allain Allard of the Seventy there to speak to us! It's so funny! When it comes to General Conference and Stake conference there's always one topic that I know is going to be talked about that I dread! However, it's always a good spiritual kick in the pants when they talk about family history work! I just know that I'm really bad at it, so it really does feel like a kick in the pants. But at least I have something I know I need to work on! (Let's just add that to the list;) ) haha But his talk was really great! And Bishop Boyer and his daughter Sabrina and her friend that they just converted (Sho) all spoke in the Saturday night session! They did so great! Way to represent Rochester 1st!
Then Yesterday! WOW!!! What a powerful day! We had Elder Hamula of the Seventy (the one who gave a SUPER wonderful talk on the sacrament in conference) come talk to our mission! He is such a powerful speaker! So much inspiration and personal revelation came from that meeting with him! It really made me feel like I need to step up my game as a missionary! Work even harder than my hardest!:) It was so motivating! His wife was so sweet! After an hour or so, we got to go have a drink/bathroom break and she and I were both getting a drink so I got to sit and talk with her 1 on 1 for a few minutes and between the 2 of them, I have never met anyone who is as humble and down to earth and loving as they are! It was so great!  There is nothing like shaking a general authorities hand and having them testify to you that the Savior of the world knows and loves you! Talk about powerful!
I want to add my witness to his, that I know that our Savior lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and through Him and only through Him, we have the opportunity to return to live with our Heavenly Father! All men will return to God to be judged. But not all men will be able to REMAIN with God. What can you do to REMAIN with Him? As we think of the Anti Nephi-Lehi's who "buried up their weapons of rebellion", think of what your weapon of rebellion is! What is keeping you from being completely, totally, and exactly obedient? Find those weapons. Be brutally honest with yourself. Commit to change. And bury those weapons, and never lift them up again! But, We can't be perfect. We all fall short. That's what our Savior is there for! HE LOVES YOU! He loves YOU! He wants you to take advantage of that beautiful gift he has provided for you! So what are you waiting for?
Then coming on Thursday is none other than Elder Jeffrey R. Holland!:) WAHOO!!! He's coming for a mission president seminar being held in our mission so he and a bunch of mission presidents and their wives will be touring the sites. Wouldn't it be so cool if I got to say that I took Elder Holland on tour? Ya... That would be pretty sweet! I'll keep you updated!
Training is going well! I'm learning a ton and she's learning a ton and we're learning to work well together! Sister Rogers is very sweet and so willing to work hard and I really appreciate that!
We're having a meeting with Lorraine tonight about the Word of Wisdom and a few other commandments! I'm so excited! She's going to be one step closer to baptism! One step closer to her loving Father in Heaven! I am convinced that there is no greater calling than the one I've got right now!
I love being a Site sister! Whenever we finish a tour at the Smith Farm, we get to walk back up Stafford Rd after we've just sent a group out to the grove. It's a wonderful 4-5 minutes to think about how your tour went, what you can change, what you did well. Just the other day I had a tender mercy! I like to say a little prayer in my heart as I'm walking back up the road. As I was walking back, the lyrics "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck...." popped into my head. Tender mercy because I knew that Grandpa Nield was walking up Stafford Rd with me:) I love those moments that prove to me that there are hosts of Angels watching over us!:)
I love you all! And I hope you have a great week! Remember that someone in New York loves you! And Someone in Heaven loves you!:)
Love Sister Nield

No comments:

Post a Comment