{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, November 26, 2015

How Great Reason Have We

Hello again! Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Turkey Day! Happy Gratitude Day! Fallen leafMaple leafPoultry leg
Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays because #1: it inspires people to be more grateful. #2: it's a great way to kick of the Christmas season, which is my favorite. #3: it's socially acceptable to eat lots of food. #4: it gives me a day, set apart, to count my many blessings. 
As I've thought a lot about thanksgiving this week and what I'm grateful for, there are many, many, many things that make the list, and among the most important are:

A Heavenly Father who loves us. As missionaries the very first principle that we teach is that "God is our loving Heavenly Father". He knows us. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to return to Him, so He sent His Son to allow us to return to Him. 

A Savior who understands me. One of my favorite scriptures of all time is Alma 7:11-12. Not only was our Savior prepared for His call to perform the atonement, but he was WILLING. As He suffered, bled from every pore, died on the cross, and rose the third day, He didn't do it for ALL OF US as a whole. He did it for me, He did it for YOU. He did it on such a personal, individual basis, so as to be able to PERFECTLY and FULLY understand EXACTLY how to succor (give aid to) every single one of us with our diverse pains, sicknesses, temptations, weaknesses, sorrows, and sins. He understands. 

The Restored Gospel. Man, this is so broad. This includes, but is not limited to, the temple, the priesthood, prophets, apostles, the sacrament, the Book of Mormon, personal revelation, forever families, the plan of salvation, etc. I could go on and on. I've thought a lot this week about what life would be like without the hope of the restored gospel. Imagine a life without prophets. Imagine a life without knowing you'll see your loved ones again. Imagine a life not knowing that God is your Father and that EVERYTHING He does is to bless us and bring us back to Him. I'm so grateful for the hope that the gospel brings. 

Family and Friends who mean the world to me. You, each of you, has in some way or another blessed my life. I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do. I have a family who loves me and supports me through everything. I have friends who have helped me to become who I am. All in all, you've had an influence that has changed my life. THANK YOU!!! 

Alma 26:35--- Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; --- we are so blessed for the things that we have in our lives. I just want to challenge you to keep that spirit of thanks giving in your life every day!!

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Let the Holidays begin!!!Christmas tree
Love Sister Nield

No comments:

Post a Comment