{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Partake of His Salvation

Hello Friends and Family!
I'm still a little in Shock at the date and the fact that I'm now officially in my last transfer! Transfers are SOOO bitter-sweet! Sister Davis got transferred to the Canandaigua Ward! When we got transfer calls we both just cried and cried! I'm super excited for her though! I LOVED the Canandaigua ward! So she'll love it! My new companion is Sister Hunter, which is super great, because she was my MTC companion!:) We spent our first 3 weeks together and we'll spend our last 4 weeks together! We've already been having way too much fun! I'm so glad that I'll be staying here in Farmington/Palmyra! I Can't even begin to describe how much I love these people here!!! They have been such a huge blessing in my life!
A lot has happened since last Monday! We've seen a few miracles!
Last Thursday I went on exchanges with Sister Johnson, who also came out with me. By the end of the exchange it all of a sudden became so real that I will be coming home so soon! When Sister Davis and I came back together, she could tell I was worried about something and after telling her a little about how nervous I was, she asked if I'd like to get a blessing from one of the senior elders the next day. I told her that would be a great idea but I wanted Elder Selvage to do it. He and His wife are from Hyde Park and I just have a great relationship with them! We went to our shift at the Grandin the next day and SURPRISE! The Selvages were the senior couple we were serving with. When I asked Elder Selvage to give the blessing he jokingly said that we'd better start off the shift with that just in case it got "busy" haha. Well, we did the blessing. Without telling him ANYTHING, he said EXACTLY what I needed and within just about an hour, some sisters got sick and asked if we would go and cover at the Hill Cumorah. The Lord is SO aware of me! Even in my times when I'm probably being a little more dramatic than I need to be, He is still able and willing to provide for me!:)
Monday night, Sister Davis and I were driving home from an appointment with a less active at about 5:30 for a dinner appointment. Now, by 5:30 it's pitch black, and as we were driving down the streets I noticed that EVERYONE's lights were off. It was so dark! Then I realized the street lights were out too. ALL of the village and even part of the town of Palmyra was out of power. We showed up to our dinner appointment and asked how we could help her since the power went out right in the middle of her making dinner. Instead of what she was making we made salads and had her extra sugar cookies. YUM!:) haha As we talked with her, she talked a lot about the chaos that's going on in the world right now and I am just SO grateful for the knowledge that I have that Thomas S Monson and All of the apostles are called of God! They speak for God and as we listen and give heed to their counsel, we will be blessed! 
This week as I've been ponderizing and reading in Preach My Gospel about the importance of the book of Mormon, I've thought a lot about how I've come to know my Savior and what He means to me! The first part of my Ponderizing scripture (Omni 1:26) Says "come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of His salvation." Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent us His Son. His Son, Jesus Christ, loves us so much that He was WILLING to suffer more pain that we'll ever understand, to help us to overcome our sins, temptations, weaknesses, sicknesses, pains, sorrows, etc. ANYTHING negative that we have ever and will ever face, He's been there and experienced it on our level so that as we turn to Him, we can move forward and progress! But it takes our own actions and commitments to UTILIZE that atonement in our lives! We choose!
I've also been thinking a lot about what I've learned on my mission. One of the biggest things that I've learned is that this life is not about Perfection. That's something that I struggle with sometimes, being a perfectionist. It's not about Perfection, it's about Progression, which really just being better today than we were yesterday. And better tomorrow than we were today!:) I've never liked change, but I've grown to love it on my mission, because change is the only way to progression. There is no growth in the comfort zone!:) 
So I invite you all to read the talk "What lack I yet?" from conference and take the challenge he gives us, and then to ACT on whatever answer you get from the Lord! There is power in change.
I love you all!
Have a great week!
Love Sister Nield






 

No comments:

Post a Comment