{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Go Go Go

Well, This last week has been so crazy! Finally, both Sister Hall and I are completely healthy and able to do some work! But it feels like it's been forever since we've been able to do work together.
Last Thursday was Zone Conference! I love zone conferences because we get to spend the day with President, and this was a combined zone conference so we got to spend the day with both Palmyra North and Palmyra South zones! I love getting the trainings from President Francis and his wife! They're both so wonderful! I really believe that we're sent to a mission president, just as much as we're sent to a mission. I can't imagine anyone else being my mission president. The AP's gave a training and a set of Zone Leaders gave a training and then Sister Hall and I had to give a training at zone conference as well. That morning I started getting a fever and feeling pretty sick and by the time we were supposed to be training, I was sweating like crazy, but as soon as we started our training, I felt fine! It's amazing how the Lord blesses us in the smallest ways but they're such a big deal to us! Right after the training, though, I started to feel pretty sick again so I had President Francis give me a blessing and what a huge help that was! The priesthood is such an amazing gift that we have and I'm so grateful to have it so accessible as a missionary.
Then we went on exchanges with both Seneca Falls and Newark! It's so much fun to be able to spend time with the sisters and learn from them! That's my favorite part of being an STL! All the sisters are so great and teach me so much! It was a lot of fun to go to Newark with Sister Hirschi! Newark is where Sister Andrus and I stayed last year for pageant so I was feeling pretty nostalgic. It was fun to think back on pageant which seems like forever ago and at the same time feels like it was just yesterday! haha Sister Andrus and I had some good times and I can't believe that pageant time is coming up sooner than I realize! 

Yesterday we got to go to the temple!! There is no happier place on earth! It was nice to feel the peace and calm that comes from being in the Lord's house. Also, it's early spring, which means this is the time of year Joseph would've had the first vision so we stopped by the Smith Farm to take some pictures!:) There really is no better mission than this one. sorry to all my missionary friends, but it doesn't get any better than this...:)
Last P-day we got to go visit one of the less active families in the ward and we read Ether 12 with them! Ether 12 is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon on Faith. We were reading with them and as we read the last verse it really stuck out to me, "And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen." I asked them what it meant to them to "seek this Jesus" and they gave the typical answers of read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church, etc. Seek is a verb. It's an action word. That means in order to seek Jesus, we have to DO something. It could be different for each of us. We all have different things to work on. Easter time is here, believe it or not, which means we get to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We get to celebrate what He DID for us. This Easter, and as we listen to the prophets and apostles speak to us this weekend, I want each of you to listen to the Spirit to see what He wants you to DO to SEEK HIM. Also, go to helives.mormon.org and watch the video.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!:) 
Love, 
Sister Nield
 

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment