{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Schneeflockli‏

My subject line isn't jiberish I promise! It's swiss German for Snowflake.. Because here we are. The last week of April and it snowed the other day!:( I'm so done with it! It didn't stick but it was enough to make me pull out my coat again for a couple days! WELCOME TO WESTERN NEW YORK where the weather is more bipolar than Utah.
Sister Locher and I have had so much fun together!:) We're already best friends and she's been teaching me a little bit of German!:) We saw so many miracles in our area this week! We found quite a few new people and we also were able to get in contact with some people that we haven't seen in a while! 
We were also able to go back to the sites this week and it felt like going home! It was so good to be back and I got to see some super cool people! I got to see one of the families of the Amherst ward which was so special! That family was one of my favorites! I also got to see a family from Georgetown ID and the dad either went to school with Dad or Uncle Jason! The church is such a small world! 
There was an area broadcast for the North East and we got to hear from Elder Anderson and Elder Hales and a couple other people! It felt like conference all over again!:) So uplifting! They talked a lot about the growth of the church in the  area over the last 80 years since Elder Hales grew up in this area and he talked about the importance of letting our light shine! Elder Anderson mentioned that "interest and inquiry will have eternal consequences". That really hit me so hard, especially with the fact that we're back at the sites! Joseph's question changed the world and it affected the eternities for the entire world! When we ask our own questions, God can give us answers that will change our lives! Those questions that help us find and build on our testimony can change OUR eternities!
Yesterday, we were able to have a specialized training, which is kind of like a zone conference, but it was held at the Peter Whitmer Farm in Fayette!:) That is one of my favorite sites! It has such a special spirit! We were split into four different groups and sister Locher and I were put with a group of all elders! I felt like I was in Buffalo again! haha but it was so fun! We got to take them on tour of the Log home and the Visitor's center! We also got a few trainings on some practical things like exercise, health, and cooking. We had a cook off and we were given a recipe from our mission cookbook that our mission nurse put together and we had to make a meal and a dessert in 45 minutes! My group won first place with our doritto casserole and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! 
It's been such a great week full of miracles and tender mercies! Every time I stop and think about what I'm doing, what my purpose is, it almost feels like a dream. How lucky am I to be a representative of Jesus Christ in such a sacred place! Never in a million years would I have imagined that I would be here doing such a great work! I love this gospel with all my heart!
I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Nield
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment