{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Greatest "Wilderness" Experience

Another week down and what a great one it was!
So Becky, the wonderful woman we committed to baptism met with us again last Thursday. Right after the opening prayer she looked at us and said "You know, after that priesthood blessing I've just felt so happy and even though all my stress and struggles are still in my life, I feel so stress free and I know it's because of that blessing." Oh my goodness! She is so prepared! As we were talking to her we brought up baptism and she said "Yeah! The 16th! I'm so excited!" I have been so excited for her! This is such a huge step and it will change her life forever! She was so excited to come to church this Sunday! So we get to church, we save her a seat, and we wait... and we wait... and we WAIT! Everytime the chapel doors opened my head would jerk in that direction. I've never prayed so hard in my life! But she didn't show up. We called and texted with no answer. We were also supposed to have a lesson at the Smith Farm the next day.. She still didn't show up. My heart was seriously broken. But yesterday after transfer meeting (I'll tell you about my new companion in just a minute) we get this text from Becky saying "Are you girls mad at me?" I was so happy to hear from her and we set up a time to meet. We went to the Hill and she explained that she'd tried texting us and apparently it just never came through. She's still excited for baptism and she's well on her way to being ready for it! She knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet she loves talking about the plan of salvation. 
She kept mentioning that she feels like she's known me and that we've been friends for so long and it was really neat because just a few days ago, I mentioned to Sister Hall during studies that I'd been looking over my setting apart blessing and it talks about how I'll recognize people from the pre-mortal life and I have no doubt she's one of those people:) If not for anything else I'm here for her!
Now onto my new companion!!!:) SISTER LOCHER!!!:) Oh she's so adorable! She came out with me! She's from Switzerland and she's so tiny and she's got the cutest accent and I just adore her! :) And she and Becky really clicked yesterday!:) She's such a good missionary and I'm so excited to be serving with her and we get to go back to the sites!:) So many great things are going to happen this transfer! Sister Locher and I get along really well and we are going to have so much fun together! And, Sister Hall is staying in the ward, she's just taking over one of the elders' areas so we get to be roommates and her companion is Sister Christensen who i've been able to do exchanges with!:) We have the party apartment!:) 
I've decided that my mission is the greatest "wilderness" experience that I've ever had in my life. So many times in the scriptures the Lord leads His people into the wilderness. Into a place that's foreign and different and not always easy! Just in my last week I think I experienced my highest high on my mission but also my lowest low! It's hard and it's not easy and it's a lot of work. But always in the scriptures, if the Lord's people rely on Him, if they do everything He asks of them, He delivers them from their afflictions and they are taken care of. My whole mission has had so many ups and so many downs! But the lessons I've learned from both are irreplaceable! They're priceless and they're going to affect the rest of my life! I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with this wilderness because just like in Ether chapters 2-6 The Lord has to take us through a wilderness and struggles and storms before we can get to the "promised land". I'm eternally grateful for the decision I made to serve the Lord and to serve these people!:)
I hope you all have a great week! I love you!
Love, Sister Nield
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment