{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Hello everyone! I just want to start off by saying THANK YOU for all the love and support. This week I've just been extra grateful for the people that I have in my life, who help me to be the person that I am and motivate me to be better each day! I've got the BEST friends and family and I will FOREVER be grateful for that!
This week has been pretty good! We've spent a lot of time in the sites and have had a lot of really good experiences! We had a family come in from New Caledonia (a French speaking island off the coast of Australia) and only the mother and the children were members. It was really cool to have the kids bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and to have the father hear it. You could just see his countenance change as time went on. 
Saturday when we were on exchanges with the Fairport sisters, there was a HUGE miracle that happened. We were getting ready to head out for the day and all of a sudden I hear this big gasp. I turn around and Sister Walsh (from the Amherst ward) and the sisters and STEVE came in! Sister Walsh just hugged me for like 5 minutes and then Steve went to give me a big hug! haha He started talking about the first day that Sister McLaren and I knocked on his door, when it was super dark outside and in the negatives and how we looked like Popsicles but that he just felt something so powerful when we came. He had stopped meeting with the sisters for a little while, but then started again just a little while ago. I took him through the Publication Site and we talked about the Book of Mormon and the purpose for it and how it's helped him. It was really funny because at the very end, we were having this discussion and I asked him what changes he though God wanted him to make because of the things he'd learned. Him: "I know you're talking about baptism." Me: "haha I sure am. What would keep you from being baptized Steve?" Him: "I don't know..." Me "Do you believe the Book of Mormon is true?" Him "Yes" Me "Do you believe Joseph Smith was a prophet?" Him "Yes" Me "Then what would keep you from being baptized?" Sister Walsh : "Remember how you wanted to get baptized in a lake? Summer is almost over" Him: "I guess I better do it soon huh?" Me: "You tell me the date and I'll be there:)" So they're working to figure out a date for him to get baptized!:) I'm so thrilled for him!
Then James received the Priesthood this week! And when we met with Norma, we got her to agree to come to church! At the end of the lesson, we had her pray and she just started bawling and thanked Heavenly Father for sending us to her so she could change her life. Oh my goodness! If that didn't bring tears to my eyes I don't know what would!
Being a missionary is the most fulfilling calling in the world, at least that I've had so far (Some people say being a mother is pretty great:) haha) But I absolutely love being able to see these people change and to see them build their own PERSONAL relationship with our Savior. Jesus Christ is literally my best friend and I've come to know Him so much better on my mission. His love is unconditional and always present. He is ALWAYS there!
I love you all! Thanks again for all you've done for me!
Love Sister Nield
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment