{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Another Week in Paradise

So things at the sites are starting to slow down. The weather is starting to cool down. I just keep thinking to myself: "It's August. This is still summer. This is supposed to be the hottest month of the year.." But nope.. It's starting to feel like fall here! Luckily, it makes it a little bit less sweaty when we do our run every morning. But today, Sister Olsen thought it would be a good idea to, instead of running, do lunges up the Hill Cumorah. We'll see if we can move tomorrow.
This week has been so great! Sunday, James had his interview with the bishop. He walked into Sunday school a little late but walked in with a big smile on his face. I asked how it went and he said "I get ordained next week!" AH! It makes me so happy to know how excited he is about the Gospel! I hope I never lose my excitement for the Gospel because it really is such an amazing blessing. I don't want it to ever become commonplace.
Norma finished reading the Book of Mormon. She loved it! We were able to have a member come pick her up and we took her to the church for a lesson and a church tour. The spirit was so strong and when we walked into the chapel her jaw just dropped and she said "Wow... do you feel that?" It's amazing how well she can recognize the spirit! As we were leaving, I had this feeling that we should also take her down to the temple (which luckily is basically across the street). So we drove down and sister Olsen and I take her out and we're just standing in front of the temple, talking about the blessings that it brings. She just started crying. She felt the spirit so strongly! The temple is where the Lord wants Norma. So yesterday when we met with her, we asked what would keep her from being baptized. When she couldn't think of anything, we were finally able to get her to set a date! September 19!:) It was also such a tender mercy because when we went over, Becky (her daughter that I was teaching when I was in Canandaigua) was there and I got to tell her to get her booty back to church!:) I LOVE Becky! 
I'm just so amazed that I get to see so many of these people that God has prepared for His Gospel! The Gospel really does have the power to take hard lives and make them much better, but also has the power to take good lives and make them better as well. It doesn't matter what your circumstances are, the gospel will help!
My "non-spiritual" high light of the week was when I was on exchanges with one of the Newark Sisters, we had a dinner appointment with this family and the dad is a Falconer. So... I got to hold a Falcon!!! Cross that off my Bucket list!:) Haha it was the coolest thing!:) 
God is Good. He cares about us. He doesn't just care about the big things but He also cares about the little things. 
I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
Love Sister Amanda Nield
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment