{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Make Sure to Read the BOLDED Words

PDAY WILL BE ON MONDAY THE 7 NEXT WEEK BECAUSE WE'LL BE HAVING A ZONE PDAY! PDAY WILL BE ON MONDAY THE 7!! SO DON'T FORGET TO WRITE!!
Septiembre esta aqui. Where has the summer gone? Schools are starting to start up again, people aren't vacationing as much, the sites are slowing down a bit, local apple juice is being sold again (YUM). And yet, the weather is just starting to feel like summer. We've had such a rainy, cool summer that's mostly felt like spring, and this week we've been up in the 90s with 90% humidity. Summer is here right as fall is supposed to start!:) 
It's been such a great week! We've had a great week at the sites. It's slowed down quite a bit, but we've had some great experiences. We've had a lot more people who aren't members of the church coming in recently and as we've invited them all to learn more and keep in contact with us over the phone, we've seen some really sweet things. The other day we had a few people come in, two men and a woman. The two men were members, one active, one not, and the woman was the less active man's girlfriend. As they were about to go into the  grove, I asked her if she'd like to learn more and we could talk more about the Book of Mormon over the phone. She said she'd think about it as they went into the grove and as we walked away, I just had this great feeling that it was going to open up conversation with all of them and hopefully spark something in the less active brother and his girlfriend. 
We met with Norma this week! She is just absolutely adorable! She may be 76 years old, but I feel like she's my child. The last week or so we've wanted to change her baptismal date from "tentative" to "set". We went to pick her up with one of the members and we were talking in the car on our way to the Family History Center and she said "So... can we do 11 am on the 19?" My jaw dropped to the floor! I knew she'd get baptized, I was just so in shock that she had thought it all through herself and knows what she wants to do! And we're already planning for her to go do baptisms in the temple in October.
We also met with Zoe, Noah, and Hailey (our group of children) a few times. They are so funny! We taught them Book of Mormon Stories and were reading from the Book of Mormon with them. We were talking about how they've seen prayer give them the strength to do something and Zoe raises her hand and says "Sometimes.. My brother stuffs our cats in the freezer or the fridge..." hahaha oh my goodness! Those kids just brighten up my day! As we continued to read in the Book of Mormon, Noah (6 years old) comes out with a toy gun and sits down. Zoe leans over to him and whispers "Noah. Go put it away. They don't believe in weapons." She is the funniest 9 year old I've ever met, but she loves the gospel so much!
The last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about God's plan. So often, when I pray, I tell Heavenly Father what my plans are and expect Him to just make it happen. My plans are good plans, righteous plans, but I've learned on my mission how important it is to humble yourself enough to trust God's plan. This morning as I was reading in Jacob 4:10, it says  10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he  counseleth in wisdomand in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.  God's plans are so much better than ours. Sometimes, our plans are even aligned with His plans, but I've really learned that when we trust Him and His perfect plan, Things just work out so much better!
I love you all and I'm so grateful that God put you in my life!:) 
Love Sister Nield
P.S: PDAY WILL BE ON MONDAY THE 7 NEXT WEEK BECAUSE WE"LL BE HAVING A ZONE PDAY! PDAY WILL BE ON MONDAY THE 7!! SO DON"T FORGET TO WRITE!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment