{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Summer Fades to Fall

Fall is on it's way. You can feel it in the air! The humidity is going away and there's a chill in the air. The leaves are even starting to change colors. I can't believe summer is already over. Time has just flown!
Norma Jean Keuer is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! She was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. She was just too cute! We got to the church for the baptism and she just had the biggest smile on her face and said "I couldn't sleep at all last night! I was just too excited for today!" We went through the program, she went into the font and she went under the water and somehow breathed in a ton of water and came up choking! I was so nervous, but she made it. She had to get dunked again and this time she made sure to plug her nose! haha She's just too cute! She got into the changing room and we went to grab her wet clothes and all of a sudden we hear her in the stall: "Woops! I put my underwear on inside out. That's what I get for being too excited!" Hahaha I about died! It's amazing how much the spirit touched her! After the baptism was over, we gave her a quad so she could have all of the Standard Works and she just started bawling. Same with Sunday when the bishop welcomed her into the ward and everyone raised their hand, she just started bawling!:) She just has such a tender spirit! 
Yesterday was a pretty fun experience. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Rogers (my baby) and what a coincidence..? A year ago from yesterday was the day we became companions! It was so fun to look back and see how much we've changed in the past year!
Tuesday was the 192nd anniversary of the day that Joseph would've gone to the Hill to get the Gold Plates! So of course to commemorate that, all the sisters and President Francis and our Site Directors got together at 6:30 am and we walked from the Smith Farm to the Hill Cumorah! I remembered doing that last year and it's so fun to be able to think about what it would've been like for Joseph to take that walk! 
We also had a couple scary experiences this last week, but it's so comforting to know that our Savior and His Atonement are always available. I was reading in D&C the other day and in section 50 verses 40-42, and it really hit me how much He cares about us. He's aware of what we can handle and even though sometimes we're stretched to our very limits, He will always be there for us. He loves us and is so aware of our circumstances! 
I love you all and hope you're having a great week!
Love
Sister Nield






 

No comments:

Post a Comment