{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, October 1, 2015

He Knows Me

Fall is in full force! I've had to pull out the cardigans, the boots, and even sweatshirts for our morning runs! Time just doesn't seem to ever slow down!
This week has been so full of so many tender mercies that have really shown me how aware our Heavenly Father is of each of us and our wants and needs. I love a verse in 3 Nephi 13 (verse32) that says "For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." As I was reading that this week, it really hit me how much He loves us and it showed throughout the week through a few different events.
First, some things had happened that I was really upset about. It was kind of a bummer day and I was trying to fake it till I made it. Luckily, it's hard to stay upset while serving at the sites. We were at the smith farm and this group came in who told me they were from Bear Lake Idaho. I asked what part and they said Georgetown. So I told them that my grandparents lived in Montpelier. Turns out the man had worked with Grandpa in the mines! That brightened my day so much and to hear him talk about what a great man Grandpa was!:) Tender!
Then at the woman's broadcast Saturday night, I loved how President Uchtdorf really focused on how we need to CHOOSE to be happy NOW! Now is the time to be grateful and happy for the things that are going right because if we wait until things are perfect, we'll never be happy.
Monday as we were serving at the Hill Cumorah, it was pretty slow so Sister Davis and I decided to go into the back room and we hurdled the benches. We just ran around for about 20 minutes and it was so fun!
Tuesday, I got to take an Elder from the Atlanta Georgia mission and his parents through the Smith Farm. It was so fun to be able to talk to him about missionary work and what a blessing it is to serve the Lord and to know that even after the mission, the work isn't done.
As I've been thinking a lot about how to fully consecrate myself and to get the most out of the last 2 1/2 months, there were people who came to the sites, including the previous mission president and his wife, who were so inspired with the things they shared with me! One of the things that really struck me from what President Christensen shared with me was "Take advantage of your morning program now. Implement it when you get home. Pray your heart out, study your guts out, and go to the temple frequently." December 16 will be here before I know it, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll give everything I've got here until then!
I love you all and am so grateful for your support!
Have a great week!
Love
Sister Nield

No comments:

Post a Comment