{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Sunday, August 3, 2014

FBI -- Embarrassing Moments--Typical Week‏

Another week down?! Where is the time going?? It feels like just yesterday I was emailing! I can't believe how fast time is going!!
So, I'm starting to get all the cool mission stories that everyone loves to hear! Last Tuesday, right after emailing, sister Andrus and I went to go grocery shopping. So we went to WalMart.. Typical right? I guess not in Irondequoit! once we were done with grocery shopping we went out to the parking lot and saw about 5 black SUVs with their lights flashing and then 8 or so huge guys with FBI vests and HUGE machine guns! We just froze! They were blocking off our section of the parking lot. after a few minutes, we finally started walking to our car, we just walk around the back way. 10 yards from our car, we watched as the FBI put a guy in handcuffs and put him in the car! I about died! I could not believe what was going on! So there's my cool mission story for the week!
Now for the embarrassing moment! I was giving a tour at the Smith Home/Sacred grove. I was standing outside the log home and I was stalling cause one of the senior couples was still inside with a tour (Their tours take FOREVER but they're so great). Well it was kind of a breezy day and all of a sudden my skirt flies up over my head! I kid you not, the whole thing flew up!! Oh my gosh! I about had a heart attack! And to make it even better, there were a couple of teenage boys in the group i was taking and they were laughing so hard! I seriously wanted to just crawl into a hole and die! hahaha now I can laugh about it.
We've been teaching this blind lady named Bernice Bird. She's so great! This last week after we taught her the restoration, we helped her label her microwave, washer and drier, and other things in brail! It's so cool to see! So I've been learning a little bit of brail! (How about that for a foreign language?) Then our investigator Mary was going to come to Sacrament meeting this Sunday, but her brother died! She's been holding up pretty well though! Then this week, we went to visit one of the former investigators in our area book. Her name is Esther! She is the funniest woman I have ever met! We got to her house and knocked on the door! She saw us and started laughing and said she had to put on her hair. She had brain surgery a couple years back because of 5 aneurisms and so she has to wear a wig. She thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to have people watch her put on her wig. Then before we left, she was like: "Girls, you're bags look like they're going to fall apart! I have about 50 purses upstairs, come back next week and you're taking some home!" She's HILARIOUS! I'll send pictures of her!
Overall this week has been TERRIFIC! I love you all! Hope you have a GREAT week!!
Love Sister Nield
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment