{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Power of Fasting

Well, hello again! Another wonderful fall week has passed here in New York! The leaves are changing more and more each day! It's so beautiful! If the entire year would be like this, I think I could live here! (Too bad the winters are so bad!) haha
We have had such a great week! Miracles have been happening all over the place! First and foremost! Transfers were this week! I was totally expecting to get released from being a Sister Training Leader because I'd been doing it for the last 7 transfers. So as we were getting ready Monday morning, I kept waiting for the call from President to release me. We waited and waited. We started our studies and waited and waited and then the elders called to give transfer calls. So that meant that I wasn't getting released. Elder Keller made it sound like Sister Davis was leaving, but SURPRISE! We both STAYED!!!:) I can't even explain how happy this makes me!!! There had been so many amazing things that happened this week and I just wasn't ready to leave this area! It was so cute! We went over to Norma's that night. I was rude and told sister Davis we should tell her we were both leaving, and she almost started crying. She kept asking "what did I do wrong?" I couldn't take it anymore and told her we were both staying and she JUMPED and SCREAMED!:) She almost fell over from being so happy! It was the sweetest thing!
We had been fasting and praying that Zoe's mom and dad would soften their hearts. They love us coming over to talk to Zoe and Noah, but they really haven't had any interest in joining in. They have had so many faith building experiences, but just won't act on it! But this week Karen came and sat down with us and opened up about a lot and we were able to get her to agree to come to the Hill Cumorah with us this week to watch a video! She'd been there before and felt the spirit SO strong in the Christus room! 
We've also been fasting and praying for Randy (Norma's son) to soften his heart. He is thoroughly convinced that he has no interest in changing, but it was so cool to see the light in his eyes change as we talked with him about the Book of Mormon and how God loves him! And he had read through the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we'd given him and he said he wants the "Celestial plane", and it's been amazing in just the past couple weeks to see how much he's softened! And Norma is SOO good at bearing her testimony to him!
I've especially learned on my mission the power that fasting has! I can't deny that power! It brings us so much closer to our Heavenly Father. It allows us to be just that much closer to Him as we sacrifice something that we view as so important and turn to Him in prayer. I fasted this last weekend for Conference. What a blessing to be able to hear our prophet and apostles speak to us! They are men of God! I want to invite each of you to find a talk that was given in this conference and to study it and APPLY it. Give heed to the council they give and see how your life improves! 
I love you all! I am so grateful for the love you've shown me!
Have a spectacular week!
Love, Sister Nield





 

No comments:

Post a Comment