{mis-sion-ary, [noun] someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity}

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Don't Forget to Smile

Hello everyone! Thank yall for the birthday wishes! This was seriously one of my most favorite birthdays ever. This last week has just been such a great week! Just an FYI pday next week is WEDNESDAY. 
Saturday was our Ward Halloween party. All of us sisters dressed up as some Disney princess based on our clothing. I was Snow White, Sister Davis was Repunzel, Sister Stoddard was Elsa, and Sister Rogers was Anna. Not going to lie, we looked pretty great! We had so much fun with the ward! There is a sweet girl named Sarah who has some disabilities and she was also dressed up as Snow White and she had her Snow White doll with her as well so we got a picture together and she took me around trunk-or-treating with her. I can't even tell you how much love I felt for her!:) it just made my day to be able to spend that time with her!
Tuesday I went on exchanges with a set of sisters and we were doing service basically all day, which means I got to wear pants, ALL DAY! What a liberating feeling! Haha it was so wonderful! And one thing that has been on my mission bucket list since I got to the mission was going to Sodus point and walking out to the light house. Well guess what? Sodus point is part of their area and so for our lunch hour we went to the light house and got pictures and even talked to this great guy named skip. Cross that off my bucket list! We helped a member move, which always results in some crazy story. We and the elders cleaned out the house and got everything into the moving truck (finding a few more dead mice than I wish we would've), then we had to go to this warehouse where we had to pick up a few more things. I'd heard about insane asylums in Newark who had just discharged everyone, and this warehouse reminded me of an insane asylum. We were asking a member about it and they were telling us some pretty crazy stories, but turns out, it wasn't one of the asylums.
My birthday was such a perfect day! I woke up to balloons and streamers. I came down from getting ready to find that the sisters had all made me a delicious breakfast. We had district meeting and the elders had made a cake. We had a lesson with Norma and we're getting her prepared for the temple to do baptisms. She crocheted me a hat and mittens. She and sister Davis did a kick-line singing happy bday. We were able to do exercises with one of our less actives who has a lot of health problems. But the greatest thing of all, we were able to get Karen, Zoe's mom and Zoe and Noah to the Hill Cumorah. Karen has had some amazing experiences there before but has really distanced herself. She gave Zoe permission to be baptized and she even opened up about how she has thought about and wants to join the church, she's just scared of some of the commitments. It was neat though, to show her Gods plan (a video about families) and commit her to allowing us to do a family night with them once a week. That made my whole day! Their family needs the gospel!! They need it so bad and they're so close! And Zoe has been such a great example to her family! 
I'm so grateful for the challenge in conference to "ponderize". Every scripture that we've chosen each week has not only been exactly what we need but it perfectly fits the needs of the people we're teaching. This week the scripture is Mosiah 24:14. 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. The Lord is so aware of each of us and what we need and He's going to help us through the good and the bad. He's going to lift the burdens that we face even if we'd be strong enough to handle them ourselves. He loves you! 
I hope you're all having a great week! Love you!
REMEMBER PDAY NEXT WEEK IS WEDNESDAY!!!









Love Sister Amanda Nield

No comments:

Post a Comment